Show Me Day Highlight: Academic Fair

January 28, 2011

Wow our first blog post! Ashley and I (see the Show Me Day Coordinator page to find out who we are) are so excited to share information about Show Me Days! Feel free to comment with questions, concerns, or ideas. You can also reach us by email at showmeday@semo.edu or by phone at 573-651-5939.

It’s a beautiful day here at Southeast! Hopefully I can enjoy this great 50 degree weather this afternoon after I get off work. Ashley and I have been working hard this week getting ready for the upcoming February 19th Show Me Day! As of today (the 28th) we have 120 students registered to attend. It looks like we are on track to have about 200 pre-registrations, which is pretty standard for a February Show Me Day. Most of the academic departments have confirmed that they will be in attendance as well so students will definitely get to speak to someone from their department of academic interest. Show Me Days are the only time at Southeast that prospective students can talk to representatives from any academic department all in one central location. The Academic Fair is a great opportunity because not only do students get to talk to real professors, they will have a chance to speak with current students in the same major that they want to pursue.  I always enjoy talking to prospective students about public relations (my major) and spanish (my minor). I like to share helpful hints and tips about the programs that I wish I had known as an incoming freshman. I think the best way to get a feel for a major is by talking to students who are actually experiencing the classes in that major. I know some people just want to go to the sessions or get straight to the tour, but the Academic Fair is definitely worth your time to help you figure out what you might be interested in and whether or not you are a good fit for a particular program of study.

Want to know more about Southeast’s Academic programs? Click here!

Happy Friday!

Liz Vinson
Show Me Day Coordinator

1. #1 by Rini on October 11, 2015 - 8:54 pm

Clearly explaining the stcrtruue of the class (ie. explaining that students will have readings and what readings are) would be helpful. Clearly explaining suggested supplies for class would be helpful too. I remember being absolutely lost and anxious about what to bring to class at the beginning of First Year since I was so used to having directions/being told to do work in a certain way in high school.

2. #2 by Carmen on December 20, 2015 - 5:45 pm

You live in such a beautiful area. Awesome pic!As far as the name chngae, I tend to agree with your brother (who I need to go visit, btw) because some people might get confused. Maybe you could put a small identifier below the new name such as “formerly Bluff Area Daily” or something like that. But it’s your blog so have fun with it!! I’ll visit you regardless. 🙂

3. #3 by essay writer on August 6, 2018 - 3:48 am

This is great opportunity to find out more and strike up some good acquaintances.
    Great event, I advice all students to find what they are looking for there.

4. #4 by Mobdro on September 29, 2018 - 5:38 am

Hello…
    Can you please tell me the admission process at southeast and all the other details regarding that???
    I am interest to take admission in one of the course in southeast.

5. #5 by clean master on January 29, 2019 - 7:04 am

Thanks for this post.I really like your point of view.

6. #6 by vonage sign in page on January 31, 2019 - 2:20 pm

vonage is the best VOIP services out there. Login to vonage online account and get all free VOIP features.

7. #7 by diebestetest on March 25, 2019 - 4:32 am

wesome pic!As far as the name chngae, I tend to agree with your brother (who I need to go visit, btw) because some people might get confused.

8. #8 by vidmate on March 30, 2019 - 7:05 am

thanks for sharing this amazing information

9. #9 by bluestacks on April 16, 2019 - 6:13 am

Oh is that so? i didn’t knew that!

10. #10 by bluestacks on April 16, 2019 - 6:13 am

bluestacks :
    Oh is that so? i didn’t knew that!

yes this is like that only

11. #11 by mywegmansconnect on May 14, 2019 - 2:54 pm

These are amazing! I love them, I kept the post article and it was right on the money. Extremely sodden however didn’t last exceptionally well medium-term

12. #12 by Kroger Feedback Fuel points Survey on June 12, 2019 - 9:36 am

As of now, Kroger and Walmart are the biggest stores in the USA. Kroger store is taking the feedback from its customers at Kroger Feedback Fuel points Survey. There is no limit for Purchase to get the eligibility for Kroger Guest Satisfaction Survey.

13. #13 by website on June 14, 2019 - 5:07 am

The loan process very quickly which happened within a time frame of 20 days they have given me pradhan mantri yojana scheme

14. #14 by accedilogin on June 18, 2019 - 2:57 am

Alice è il servizio di posta elettronica di marca più utilizzato in Italia con più di migliaia di abbonati che includeva un abbonamento gratuito ADSL o in fibra ottica sotto i marchi Telecom o TIM. Così puoi accedere gratuitamente ad Alice Mail e ottenere i vantaggi dei servizi di webmail.

15. #15 by Jayde1235 on June 20, 2019 - 9:48 am

Oh is that so? I didn’t know that!

16. #16 by Grammar Check on June 24, 2019 - 7:08 am

Nice info thanks for sharing.

17. #17 by Buy E liquids on June 29, 2019 - 9:16 am

Thank you for this wonderful information and I hope you will provide more information on other categories such as vaping etc,

18. #18 by charli1232 on July 2, 2019 - 11:25 am

Thanks For Sharing Best Article

19. #19 by Cloi124 on July 2, 2019 - 11:28 am

This Article Is Good Work I like This Post And Thanks To Sharing So Vist My Web Router Login

20. #20 by lilly on July 5, 2019 - 1:58 am

Very Nice Block
    vidmate

21. #21 by Shayari For Friends on July 6, 2019 - 3:24 pm

Thanks for the sharing great knowledge.

22. #22 by kajal singh on July 12, 2019 - 8:19 am

Download and install Vidmate App which is the best HD video downloader software available for Android. Get free latest HD movies, songs, and your favorite TV shows.

23. #23 by LukeJack on July 18, 2019 - 4:07 am

Starting from the activation of a new ATM card to generating a new ATM pin, all can be done through the internet banking portal. Now, you no more have to visit a branch just to activate a new ATM card.

24. #24 by Henry Jones on July 18, 2019 - 7:32 am

Unable to write my real name over here., 🙁

25. #25 by Mobdro Free on July 27, 2019 - 1:08 am

Thank you very much, I am very interested in this issue.

26. #26 by kajal singh on July 27, 2019 - 2:21 am

Download latest audio and video file fromvidmate

27. #27 by Priya Verma on August 5, 2019 - 3:32 pm

Facebook Status In Hindi | FB Status We have brought here Applying this status to the status of your Whatsapp and Facebook Status will cause four moons in your life. Impress your friends with your royal life too. On a good Facebook Status, you get a lot of work to become Famous and Popular. Nowadays there is a lot of trend of uploading status with your photo on Facebook.

Fb Status King – That’s why we brought you. We have uploaded Facebook Status Love and Shayari in Hindi and English. I hope you like our collection of Facebook Status In Hindi and you will definitely share this status with your friends on Facebook and Whatsapp.

28. #28 by Pravin Bhai on August 5, 2019 - 3:57 pm

In this website, you can download the latest Whatsapp status. Many people also search for Whatsapp Status Video Download. You can also download lots of video and quotes, too much video for Whatsapp status, Attitude, Love, Cool, We update Whatsapp status videos daily. We created this website only to help people. Thank you and support us

29. #29 by Uniraj on September 16, 2019 - 3:04 pm

Unofficial Uniraj, an educational information company based in the India. Unofficial uniraj provides educational information in India.

30. #30 by dubaku on September 19, 2019 - 2:54 pm

http://routerlogine.com
    It is extremely necessary to complete the DLink Router Login| modem login steps to set up your router or modem to access the internet using a router/modem network.

31. #31 by facto cert1 on September 20, 2019 - 4:58 am

Thank for your writting! It is easy to understand and detailed. I feel it is interesting, I hope you continue to have such good posts

32. #32 by dubaku on September 21, 2019 - 4:37 am

http://routerlogine.com/
    If you have any of the following routers and if you wish to log into the Netgear Nighthawk Router Login

(will not be published)